I have been meaning to blog about My trip to Washington last weekend but I have yet to figure out how to get my pictures off of my camera, I have no card reader AND I lost the chord that hooks up to the computer. That post will have to wait a little while longer, until then though I can talk about THIS weekend :).
I started with a horseback ride with my friend Cynthia. It was awesome. Cynthia has a couple horses that she tries to get out and exercises but they have been really busy so it hasn't happened as often as they like. We have been trying to schedule it forever but it all finally lined up. I am used to riding western but Cynthia rides English, I learned that they are WAY different. In western you have to pay attention but you can pretty much relax. Not so much in English, your whole body is engaged. We went on a a pretty good sized ride and I am SORE. I hope I can go on more rides in the future, soon. I thought I got a lot more pictures of the horses but when i looked at my phone I only had a couple.
This is Chloe
These are the booties I learned to put on, Cynthia uses these instead of horse shoes, I think its genius!
Saturday!
Saturday I woke up and went to my brothers place to go shopping and make some Halloween costumes. I have decided this year to be Tinkerbell, Dan is going to be Snake Eyes, and Jeff is a pirate. We went all over shopping for fabric and such, spent 2 hours waiting in line for our fabric to be measured and cut. We had some pretty great picks though and it all turned out pretty swell. Dan is SO creative, I love his input, he's got amazing ideas. You can tell from his costume. It is all handmade and all very original.
This is Dan's costume. Pretty sweet!
This is all my fabric, and the old dress we dyed.
We started with the shoes, I made these out of felt and used Jeff's beer box for the soles. I think they turned out fairly well...
This is the hat, prior to drawing the leaf veins on.
I pretty much forgot to take pictures of the rest of things. Mom and Nater showed up later in the night to give us a hand, it was much appreciated. Dan and I learned how to gather fabric while we made the purple petticoat that I am not even going to end up wearing. It was a pretty great night and as always Jeff made the most amazing food! there is no way anyone can beat his BLTs. :) Thanks guys!






CUTE tinker hat!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo jealous! I would love to have someone to make costumes with (er, make them for me, but let me do the shopping....lol)
ReplyDelete