One of my favorite foods to eat is asparagus and this is my favorite way to cook it!
Ingredients:
- one bunch asparugus
- one (half) sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- lemon juice, about two tablespoons
Steam the asparagus for about 5-7 minutes, or until it is bright green. While that is steaming put the butter in a saute pan and saute onion and garlic until they just start to turn brown. The asparagus should be done just about this time and poke that in there with the onions and garlic. Saute all together for about 3-5 more minutes, salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle lemon juice over the whole mixture just before serving.
I usually do about a half of onion but tonight I did a whole one. I have noticed the asparagus lately has been a lot more bitter than earlier in the year, I am guessing this is just because of the time in the season. I find that using more sweet onion when it is bitter really sweetens it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment