Do not let anyone else in the whole world tell you what type of person you are. Nobody knows that except YOU. There are people who think they might, there are people that will try to live for you, try to make you see their way (usually at the worst times) try to make you feel like you are wrong only to show that they are right. This is not true. Be confident in yourself, in your own actions, in your own view of what is 'best'. There are no universal truths in the world, no goods and evils, no wrongs or rights. Everyone walks a different path, every issue in life is very complicated, nothing is as simple as it might seem from the outside. I truly believe every single person in the world is working off of their idea of what is best; best for them, and best for our world as a whole.
I absolutely do not agree with everyone's decision in the world, in fact there are a lot more that I don't agree with than that I do agree with but I can respect EVERYONE'S choices because I do have faith that they are working off of their version of what is 'best'. It is obvious that what is best for one person is not always best for everyone else. There are things that people generally accept as the 'good' path but just because someone else might deviate does not make them wrong. If I had any request to make right now it would be to try to trust people to walk their own path. Good things happen to everyone, bad things happen to everyone, no one is immune and no one needs to complicate anyone elses' situation because they feel like they might know someone's happiness/troubles better.
“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
Paulo Coelho
I think the hardest thing to overcome is judging yourself and being your own worst critic so to speak.
Nile Rodgers
Nile Rodgers
| "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” | |||||||||||||||||
Carl Gustav Jung “The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.” Georgia Harkness “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” Mother Teresa of Calcutta “It is just as cowardly to judge an absent person as it is wicked to strike a defenseless one. Only the ignorant and narrow-minded gossip, for they speak of persons instead of things.” Lawrence G. Lovasik
|

Oh my miss Macy! I wholly agree! It's funny, because I was going to write something similar this week!
ReplyDeleteIf only we, humans, could collectively agree to disagree, or listen with compassion, we could be so much more!