Where to start... tonight! Food!
I made a margarita pizza from fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden, it was delicious.

I grabbed a box of premixed dough, the just add water kind, mixed it up and set off to figuring out how to make marinara sauce.
This is the recipe I used:
- (some) tomatoes, I used about a cup and a half of my plumb tomatoes cause they are the ones that were ready.
- Two cloves of garlic
- about a tablespoon of olive oil
- about 6 basil leaves
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- about a teaspoon of sugar
- salt
I threw everything in a blender until it was mostly not chunky, not to where it was frothy though. Let it sit for a few minutes while you roll out the dough. I lost my rolling pin so I did it old style, threw the dough in the air and all! I got it where it was really thin, sprayed a cookie sheet and threw it on there.

After following the instructions on the box and pre-cooking the crust for 3ish minutes i poured the sauce on.

Topped it with basil, thin sliced tomatoes and chunks of fresh mozzarella. throw it in the oven till its golden brown and eat up!
~Macy

Nice work! As a regular homemade pizza maker (we make it weekly), I recommend the premade pizza crusts - found in the refridgerated section with pie crusts. Just pop the tube and unroll and stretch. They work WAY better than the add water kind. Your pizza looks fantastic - GREAT joB!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I felt the crust was a little lacking actually, I was thinking next time I'd go completely from scratch but that's also a lot more time, if there is a decent solution that's not loaded with extra stuff I will have to try it out!
ReplyDelete