GOOD NEWS! On the 9th of this month I got notice back from the state that I am eligible to start my A.R.E.s (Architectural Registration Exams-testing for my architectural license). That's awesome but also intimidating. I have 7 exams I have to take, exams known to break up marriages and stop social lives to a screeching stand still with the amount of studying involved... It's going to be rough but it's the last big leap before I am a licensed architect (which is still years before I will feel comfortable doing any solo work). I have decided I just need to pick a date and sign up for my first test, it's so easy to put off studying when there is not definitive date I HAVE to be ready by. My plan is to have all 7 done within a year of passing my first one... it's just scheduling that first one... :). So, I think the day before my 28th birthday sounds like a good date to pick (with any luck it will get me licensed in a year which gives me a year of leeway to my goal of finishing before I turn 30)... also, that way I can celebrate and not have to worry too much about getting going on my next test. September 6th it is! I shall call and make the appointment tomorrow! These are the tests and this is the order I plan to take them in:
- Schematic Design (Start easy so it ties me to that one year mark) - September 6th
- Structural Systems (Take this one cause its the one I am most scared of and if I fail I have to wait 6 months to try again) - November 6th
- Building Design & Construction Systems - December 6th
- Construction Documents & Services - February 6th
- Programming, Planning & Practice - March 6th
- Building Systems - April 6th
- Site Planning and Design - May 6th
I am sure I will not pass each of these the first go around (that is pretty rare) so that schedule is liable to change as needed but that is a basic outline that I am going to do my best to stick to.
So I guess its time to get studying and stop writing... for now.
~Macy
No comments:
Post a Comment