1. The ability to identify with and understand somebody else's feelings or difficulties.
2. The transfer of somebody's own feelings and emotions to an object such as a painting.
3. Seeing things from another persons perspective, and putting oneself into thier position.
4. The ability to feel what another being feels; something that's sorely lacking in modern life.
5. The ability to be able to feel what another person feels, whether you've been in their position or not.
6. The ability to recognize, comprehend, appreciate the feelings of others. In other words, it`s the ability to "read" emotionally people`s minds.
So, rough week, ha! It's been a good one though...in some ways. I think I choose to make my weekly Mantra (which I have been living even though I'm posting way late this week) about empathy because I do think it is something that is sorely lacking in the hearts of many individuals. Everyone has a story they are living and no one can possibly know how the plot is playing out for anyone else. I think its pretty common place for people to assume they know about other people when really, they have no idea. I have certainly been guilty of this but lately I have been on the other side and, let me tell ya, it is increadibly hurtful. I want to do my best to not create any excess drama in mine or anyone's life to be juggled, most people have so much anyway, its just not needed...
I am excited:
5. The ability to be able to feel what another person feels, whether you've been in their position or not.
6. The ability to recognize, comprehend, appreciate the feelings of others. In other words, it`s the ability to "read" emotionally people`s minds.
So, rough week, ha! It's been a good one though...in some ways. I think I choose to make my weekly Mantra (which I have been living even though I'm posting way late this week) about empathy because I do think it is something that is sorely lacking in the hearts of many individuals. Everyone has a story they are living and no one can possibly know how the plot is playing out for anyone else. I think its pretty common place for people to assume they know about other people when really, they have no idea. I have certainly been guilty of this but lately I have been on the other side and, let me tell ya, it is increadibly hurtful. I want to do my best to not create any excess drama in mine or anyone's life to be juggled, most people have so much anyway, its just not needed...
I am excited:
- That I got an awesome deal on my new car.
- That I get to get the boat ready tonight with dad in prep for one of the most bad ass camping trips I will ever have! :)
- That I may be doing some consulting work for a construction firm soon, and more importantly working WITH my brother!
- That the week is more than half way close to the weekend.
- To get my Dr. appointment over with and good results!
- For Brian.
- For being employable.
- For having amazing brothers and parents.
- That Tobi has found a new way that he likes his back scratched that makes me laugh.
- To be alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment