Sunday, June 12, 2011

Garden Update




It has been a while since I have done a garden update... So here it is.  The water box was a success over my week and a half long vacation! Win! Already all of my plants are doing better this year than any of them did last year... I am going to have to eat some salads here soon because the lettus is completely taking over my garden.  It looks delicious though, as you can see below.  


The eggplant is very pretty, AND its got three blooms on it, very excited to see how that goes!


And the tomatoes, all four plants have blooms on them and this one even has a little baby tomato!  I have a feeling I may have WAY too many tomatoes this year but it will be a great opportunity for me to learn how to can stuff... another goal I have for my gardening career.  These guys should make some pretty great burgers and spaghetti coming soon!


And the onions which are a carry over from last year, they have already grown more this year than all of last year.  I sort of wonder how they will taste, my theory is that they will be really strong and bitter onions... they have grown up in really dense soil and under a pine tree which continually drops pine needles and pine cones into their pot.  Of course knowing nothing about what makes an onion taste the way it does (my brothers Googled it for me and there were a billion different factors) I am going to ave to just go with a trial and error method for a while...  I am going to try to recondition the soil with some of my fresh compost bt these guys have had a tough life, they have no choice but to be strong onions :-). 


Even the flowers are doing good, not as good as the veggies but still alive, that's promising :)

No comments:

Post a Comment