These are a few of my favorite things!
There has been so much going on in my life lately, some good some bad and some just is what it is. The most constant things I have come to rely on for my own sanity is the a fore mentioned commodities, available to nearly anyone, for free! (cause I'm always on a budget and looking for the simple joys :-)
I have twirled through many different versions of myself through out the years but I have come to be blessed with the most amazing set of friends and family (also considered friends!). These are the people I know I can always count on, whether its for a laugh, for moral support or to knock me upside the head when I'm being an idiot... These people distract me when I need it and lift my chin up when I need that. These people make me feel special and amazing and loved! Like I am capable of anything at all if I just want it bad enough. I have very purposefully surrounded myself with the most amazing people so that I can be that right back to them (I hope). I believe that we are very heavily influenced by those individuals we spend our free time with, and life is too short to deal with negative Nancis ;-). I love each one of you whom I get the pleasure of sharing a smile and a deep conversations with. Thanks!
The weather lately has been phenomenal! I have been blessed also with the opportunity to watch some of my best buddies get married on the island of O'ahu, boy was it gorgeous there. The storms would roll in and clear up in a matter of moments, the temperatures stayed pretty constantly right around 80 degrees though. Sunshine, rain, clouds and clear skys, it was so beautiful everywhere, it just made me feel lucky to be alive. That doesn't compare to coming home though, just the smell of a rainy thunderstorm in Boise makes me smile! I love that I have grown very comfortable in my City and that the little things make my day. So many people are complaining about the ups and downs we've had with the weather and just want 'summer' already, but its spring. This is spring in Boise. I shouldn't be surprised, it's like this every year, soon enough it will be unbearably hot for months on end and people will just want winter back. I love the seasons of my city though, 55 one day then 80 then back to 55 the next. I love that I have to wake up and look at the weather report before I get dressed for the day. It's a wild card every day.
And alas, quiet time. I think I have always enjoyed time spent by myself, I did go through a period of time when it made me nervous to be alone, I am well past that. I completely indulge in my quiet time. Right now I feel as though I have been in a drought as far as quiet time goes but I have had a couple solid nights over the past few weeks completely to myself. I find myself just completely vegging out when that happens but I do hope to get back into the 'creative' stages in the near future. Quiet time is my best time to explore my creative side. So excited for the future!
“The simplest things are often the truest.” Richard Bach
Macy

No comments:
Post a Comment