Wednesday, April 6, 2011

quotes I like

"The world owes you nothing, it was here first"

“Drag your thoughts away from your troubles… by the ears, by the heels, or any other way you can manage it.”

" Great minds have great purposes, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them."

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change, happiness is the ability to accept it."

"You can't waste your time worrying about the things you can't control"

“But history will judge you,
and as the years pass,
you will ultimately judge yourself,
in the extent to which you have used
your gifts and talents
to lighten and enrich
the lives of your fellow men.”

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities. I am truly a 'lone traveler' and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude..."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

"Do not follow where the path may lead... Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is giving up what we want most for what we want in the moment"

We're all damaged in our own way. Nobody's perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us. - Johnny Depp

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment