people all seem to feel so 'entitled'. Entitled to what? Why does everyone always owe you something... might be one of those 'ask not what our country can do for you but what you can do for our country' things but why not give back? I think often when you give of yourself you get all of that back and then some, in some form or another.
Went we are all kids our parents did the very best to provide for us what they didn't have, I think that has created a whole generation of spoiled people who expect more than they deserve and more than they are willing to give. Life is all about the balance, you have to give to receive. It seems hard to go from having everything handed to you on a silver platter to having to provide entirely for yourself, like every other adult should be doing. There is something liberating in it. We get to make our own path. We get to dictate our own future. I will be more aware of how my actions influence others, positively and negitively. Why not be that source of good that people like to be around and come to (so long as it doesn't take away from your sense of 'self') instead of always whining about how not enough is being done for you in the game of life?
It is always surprising to me when someone happens to be nice for a change, even as simple as holding the door for the person behind you, or saying thank you when someone does hold it for you. It can make your whole day better, just a small moment in time. But I think more often than not it goes the other way. For the most part I think humanity thinks everyone is out to get them though, or in debt to them somehow. It is no that hard to put a smile on your face and have some respect for your fellow man, I will strive for that.
It is very important to me that I an PURPOSEFUL about my own actions, I cannot control others' actions but I can control mine. I will do the best I can to take care of myself first, may family second but always consider how I impact others too, at the end of the day I will trust that I did the best I could and live another day, leaving the past in the past.
Do unto others as you would have done on to you.. even if the world pushes me over the best thing I can do is shake it off and get up with a smile... I truly believe that. I will keep working toward my dreams and be considerate to everyone along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment